Male Annual Health Check 45 and Over
Male Annual Health Check 45 and Over including PSA Screen
“Mens annual medical including extra time and prostate bloods tests”
- Consultation with an experienced Male GP including in depth health screening questionnaire, key physical measures, physical examination and blood / urine tests and time to talk with a focus on prostate, reducing risk of cancer, improving heart and bone health as you mature and watching for signs of low testosterone.
- Be prepared to give a detailed past medical and family history including treatment/therapy and surgery and any current effects of health issues on your wellbeing, physical, mental health and relationships.
- This consultation includes full health screening tests: ECG, blood pressure, height, weight, body composition: percentage body fat/muscle/visceral fat, BMI, Metabolic Rate, urine dipstick, venous blood samples including PSA and lung function tests (vitalograph)
- Our GP will review your signup questionnaire for any general mens health problems, review diet, lifestyle and relationships, work life balance and tailor examination to areas at risk or identified for improvement.
- Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Abdominal, ENT, Skin and Neuro/musculoskeletal systems will be examined; optional prostate examination
- Risk profiles are generated to build a picture targeting the GP advice on Cardiovascular and diabetes risk reduction options, alongside relevant subjects such as optimising sustainable activity for heart and bone health, therapeutic options for prostate and bladder problems, weight management, reducing mental stress and optimising life balance
- GP works with you to create an action plan covering significant findings of the session and achievable goals for the coming year.
- Consultation fee includes in house therapist referral letters and external referral letters.
- Blood tests that are included:
- FBC + 5-part blood cell Differential ESR
- Sodium Potassium Chloride Bicarbonate Urea Calcium Creatinine
- Albumin Globulin Bilirubin ALP AST ALT Gamma-GT Total Protein
- Glucose Uric Acid
- HDL Cholesterol LDL Cholesterol Triglycerides
- Relevant private prescriptions, additional blood tests and arrangement of scans / investigations are offered for an additional fee.
- A consultation report is available to you online, copied to you or your NHS GP on request.