Fit to Compete Medical
“Fit to Compete” Race Check Medical £464
“Get off to a flying start knowing you’re fit to compete”
- You should expect to discuss your training goals and potential challenges in depth while having a full medical to make sure you’re fit to start training or increase your activity to achieve your targets.
- Includes full health screening questionnaire.
- Be prepared to give a detailed medical history on signup of injuries and past treatments, current activity levels and effects of lifestyle / health problems on your desired goal, relevant past medical and surgical history
- Examination covers postural and gait assessment, cardiovascular, respiratory, abdominal and musculoskeletal exam of relevant areas with focus on areas at risk of injury or weakness such as hernias joints and soft tissues
- Tests Include ECG, blood pressure, height, weight, body composition: percentage body fat/muscle/visceral fat, BMI, Metabolic Rate, abdominal circumference, Lung Function test (vitalograph) Lung age estimation, Diabetes and cardiovascular risk calculation, heart age estimation. Fingerprick blood test for cholesterol, urine dipstick for diabetes
- Our sports GP will review your registration questionnaire covering lifestyle, diet, sleep/rest, work-life balance, mental/spiritual challenges, activity levels and training plans, past injury and medical history and work with you to create your action plan optimising your ability, summarising significant examination findings, reducing injury risk and building mental and physical resilience taking in all aspects of exercise and competition such clothing and equipment while therapeutic options will be generated covering lifestyle, diet and treatment advice, relevant exercises and activities, relevant referrals and remedial treatments.
- Fee includes all in house therapist referral letters and 2 external referral letters.
- Relevant private prescriptions, additional blood tests and arrangement of scans / investigations can be arranged for a fee.
- A consultation report is available to you via patient portal online or printed for you on request.