Stonegate Medical Clinic provides rapid access to in-house psychological therapies.
What is clinical psychology?
A Clinical Psychologist is a specialist trained to doctoral level and with training within different academic and clinical specialisms. They will use a variety of approaches to apply psychological theory and research in order to increase wellbeing or decrease distress.
The intervention is tailored to each client by drawing upon a range of psychological theories and therapeutic approaches depending on the individual need. The result of this formulation-led approach is an integrative intervention tailored to each client and his or her unique difficulties.
Our clinical psychologists provide therapy for adults in areas such as:
- Depression and low mood
- Anxiety and phobias, including panic attacks
- Anger problems and stress management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and related symptoms (PTSD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Behavioural problems
- Bereavement/adjustment problems
- Chronic pain and other long standing health problems and health anxiety
- Work related stress
- loss of confidence and low self esteem
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (also known as M.E. or post viral syndrome)
A children’s service is also available upon request.
How to arrange your appointment:
We have three different ways for you to access the service and we are happy to discuss this with you to ensure the correct route is taken for you and your individual concerns.
- NHS GP Referral – we are happy to accept a referral letter from your own NHS GP. This needs to include a brief description about your current problems and we can direct this to our team.
- Private GP Referral – you can also discuss your concerns with one of our private GPs, we are happy to arrange this for you. They can then complete an internal referral to one of the clinical psychologists for you.
- Self Refer – If you are happy to tell our reception team about your current concerns it may be appropriate for you to access the service without a GP referral.
Please call us on 01904 631815 to find out more