Physiotherapists help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice.
They maintain health for people of all ages, helping patients to manage pain and prevent disease.
This is a science-based profession and takes a ‘whole person’ approach to health and wellbeing, which includes the patient’s general lifestyle. Physiotherapy can improve your physical activity while helping you to prevent further injuries.
When is physiotherapy used?
Physiotherapy can be helpful for people of all ages with a wide range of health conditions, including problems affecting the:
· Bones, Joints and soft tissue – back pain, neck and shoulder pain and sports injuries
· Brain and nervous system – problems resulting form a stroke
· Heart and circulation – rehabilitation after a heart attack
· Lungs and breathing – COPD and cystic fibrosis
What to expect
Each session will be tailored to your individual concerns and needs however you can expect:
· Advice and education – discuss how your general day-to-day activities can affect your health and learn techniques to improve how you feel and move.
· Tailored exercises and physical activities – exercises may be recommended to improve your general health and mobility while strengthening other areas of the body.
· Manual therapy – the therapist may use manual techniques to help relieve pain and stiffness and to encourage better movement.
Initial consultation –60 minutes – £65.00
Follow up session – 45 minutes – £55.00
Follow up session – 30 minutes – £45.00
The physiotherapist is registered with all main health care insurance providers.
To book your appointment please call us on 01904 631815